Wednesday, January 20, 2010

#1. Follow the Dream

I will start my bucket list off with my biggest wish: Watching the Cleveland Indians play in every American League stadium.

Throughout my life I have been enthralled with the game of BASEBALL. As a young child I learned to read by reciting the biographies on the backs of baseball cards. My notebooks were full of random lists that ranked the top players in the league in statistics ranging from batting average to passed balls. During this time, I fell deeply in love with the Cleveland Indians. My wardrobe consisted of Omar Vizquel t-shirts and Chief Wahoo hats. Roberto Alomar posters were plastered around my bedroom. Tribe Time, the pregame show, became my favorite television program. I even quit dance lessons in preschool to devote my free time to perfecting the game, or art, of teeball.

My passion for the game deepened when I took my first step into Jacobs Field (now Progressive Field). I agree with my theology professor in that "stepping into a baseball stadium becomes almost a spiritual experience. Its like you can sense that God is hovering over the place." A baseball stadium just overwhelms every one of the senses.

It is my dream to visit Fenway's Green Monster in Boston, grab a hot dog at Yankee Stadium, or observe the crazy dome ceiling in Tampa's Tropicana Field. From Seattle to Baltimore, I want to experience it all.

One down, 13 to go :)

Photobucket

I've been to Progressive Field in Cleveland, Ohio. What's your favorite park or your favorite story?
and yes...the above photograph what taken by your's truly!

No comments: